How many wins will the Terps Football Team have this year?

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Hip Hop is Dead ( Luda > Kanye )

People have been saying it for a while. I finally agree. After listening to Kanye West's new album "808s and Heartbreak" I have decided to give up on the genre completely. Kanye used to be in my opinion the hottest rapper alive until the release of this album. I purchased Graduation last year and it still is one of my favorite albums that I own. When I first heard his new single, "Love Lockdown", I couldn't decide whether to fall asleep or throw up. It was pitiful and boring. It just wasn't Kanye West. ALERT TO ALL RAPPERS: AUTOTONE SINGING IS NOT COOL ANYMORE AND NOT ORIGINAL. Thanks a lot T-Pain, look at what you have started. Now Lil wayne, and Kanye West want to be singers? come on now. Just stick to writing rhymes becuase thats where your talent lies. Now I'm not just saying this without backup information.I have listened thru every single song on the new album (as hard as that was for me.) I found that mostly all the songs sound exactly the same, and West uses the same voice in just about every single song. This might be acceptable if it were just one or two songs he did this in, but 11? The only songs I would possibly not switch the station if i heard them on the radio would be Heartless and RoboCop (just becuase of the beat.) I definately think that Ludacris' new album "Theater of the Mind" is much more high quality. With songs like "Last of a Dying Breed" and "Undisputed" and lines like "Call me Mr. Fix It, barrel stay hotter than a fresh batch of home-made buttermilk biscuits" and "Tell her she should blow me like candles on ya B-Day, Cause I've signed more lines then shes passed on the freeway" How can you deny that this man is not the hottest thing out right now? So underrated. On a ending note, all I can say is R.I.P. 2pac and Biggie becuase the industry is not the same without yall. Goodbye Hip-Hop.

No comments:

Post a Comment